AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

4260 Caseih sprayer having fuel/injector pump issue
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dannyboy.
Posted 4/21/2024 16:59 (#10714871)
Subject: 4260 Caseih sprayer having fuel/injector pump issue

Took my "new" sprayer out for a road test. A mile down the road the engine starts losing power. Barely have enough power to get back to the shop but seems to want to over-accelerate if not under load. Will not shut down at shop so squeeze fuel line shut. Pulled fuel filters and changed. Primary appeared dirty when emptying filter.
After priming filters have had no luck restarting. Fuel comes out the return of injector pump but not at the loosened injector lines. Have unhooked fuel solenoid to manually engage pump. Unhooked throttle control as well to manually control. Topped off fuel tank and checked fuel flow out the line to filters. It does not have a inline fuel pump. It started and ran fine when inspecting before purchasing. No issues loading/unloading for equipment hauler.
Is there something on the back of the injector pump I should dismantle and inspect. It is my understanding this is at mechanical 8.3 Cummins 7100 P pump. Looks similar to the pump on a 5.9 Cummins in older Caseih combines.
Possible options are: Call Cummins service truck, pull pump and take to diesel shop or install used 5.9 Cummins pump? Any suggestions. Thanks. Dan
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)