AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FYI on JD 8360RT heater valve and similar
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

nabh302
Posted 4/13/2024 18:44 (#10705614)
Subject: FYI on JD 8360RT heater valve and similar

Royal City, WA
I had an inspection done this winter on my JD8360RT and was notified on the inspection list that the heater valve wasn't operating correctly and needed to be replaced. I replaced the heater valve myself as it was something I thought I could handle. Unfortunately, I did not check to see if it worked properly after installation. Fast forward to April and hooking up planter and noticing I'm not getting any cold air coming out of the vents even after an hour of running the tractor. I called out the local dealer service to check it out and they said the heater valve I installed a month ago is not working and needs to be replaced. I understand sometimes new electrical parts fail, so I drove 1 hour round trip to pick up a new valve and had it installed about 2 hours after tech had left my place. I ran the tractor and still no cold air out of the vents. I called the tech again and told him I still wasn't getting cold air out of the vents. He asked me if there was a temp difference between the two hoses going up to the cab and I said yes, so it should be working........ On his way back, to our place after finishing another service call, he had talked to another tech at the dealership saying that the heater valves don't always "self-calibrate" themselves and you would need to hook up to the tractor and manually calibrate it. Unfortunately, this was not mentioned in the inspection notes nor did this tech know it may need to be calibrated. So if you have a heater valve in a similar R Series John Deere that needs to be replaced, it will possibly need to be calibrated.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)