AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What my cousins say..Euro Farmers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

MaineFarmer
Posted 4/2/2024 05:20 (#10690131)
Subject: What my cousins say..Euro Farmers

coast of Maine
There is little explanation in any media we receive here.The desire or need of a market for Ukraine ag products is driving the issues.Most of what we hear of is green policies but wars have consequences.The products the Ukraine farmers grow needs a destination that is not Russia anymore.This is being driven into the same channel as Euro farmers.Results are massive over supply and reduced pricing.Not a lot of beef yet but grains and produce .So a war that most there supported is now ,due to their government policies ,is really biting their butts.When the ship is already full ,,10% more tips it over,,they said.Much as here where the importing country does not need to operate in the same regulatory environment as USA farmers.Current supports and regs are in place there til 2027,,but new regs are being designed now,,one gov planner"The arrival of Ukraine into the EU market will make it so everyone has to give a little and think about it from a new prospective",,,,hmmm,,some errors may occur in my translation.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)