AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Shooting bb gun in basement follow up
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

cardboard
Posted 1/22/2019 14:27 (#7264163)
Subject: Shooting bb gun in basement follow up

South Dakota
Just wanted to give a follow up to my thread from a couple weeks ago. I put a target down there that has worked very well for both 5 meter bb gun and 10 meter air pistol. I have two layers of cardboard on the face of the target, followed by 2" of foam board with a plywood back. The bb's don't get through the foam. A few pellets do, but the plywood stops them. No ricochets. I do have the frame made from 1 x 4's so there is the potential for a ricochet, but with the target in the middle, it would have to be quite an off target shot to hit them. If I had more, I probably could have made the frame out of the foam board as well. I also did hang a heavy blanket behind it against the wall just in case, but probably wouldn't be needed. It is so nice to shoot in a warm room instead of a cold shop. And for those that asked, the bb guns are a Daisy 499B, which is what almost all shooting clubs use. They do shoot bb's, not pellets. But the air pistol does shoot pellets. That is a Daisy 747 pistol. Thanks to everyone for the ideas!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)