AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My son's new RV,.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 8/6/2018 15:42 (#6914668)
Subject: My son's new RV,.....

Well we went this weekend to ranch in Utah to pick up my granddad's sheep camp. My youngest son is going to rebuild it for a senior project for high school it's required to do some sort of project in order to graduate. Grandad purchased this in 1953 new, the brand name was Home on the Range. It was pulled some with a team, then Willys jeep truck. Then then went to Ford trucks. For a long time it was pulled with 1965 F-600 stock truck. This is the second running gear that I know of under it. I spent a lot of time with him as kid pulling camp around and tending camp for him. Back in my day with parents had problems with problem children, they sent us to work. They didn't medicate, or cottle us, they worked us! I remember being in 5th grade parents had enough of me! They drove me to airport in Reno, NV. to fly to Salt Lake City, UT. to picked up by granddad at airport.

I was 10 years old at the time. That started my great summers with sheep herders and a few of the older local boys grandad would hire to help. I learned the fine art of rolling a smoke one handed riding horseback, few other things that would get me trouble with going back to school in the fall. I would slip over to Evanston, WY. with some of the guys and buy fireworks, some candy that wasn't available in hometown in Oregon. Then I would sell the stuff on the school playgrounds. All was fine until I got caught, sent to principal's office. Grandma was a school teacher, so she made sure I had plenty of reading material in camp. That consisted of Reader's Digest monthlies and their condensed books. Few church magazines, she would relent and also buy me a few comic books. Had an old GE radio in camp that ran off D cell batteries because we didn't have power. He would let us listen to old time radio show for a hour and the news, then it was turned off.

My dad is happy that son wants to refurbish this camp, so he gave it to him. He's got all kinds of ideas he wants to do it. He is thinking of going to school in WY. next year. I told this would fit right into our plans. It would save on housing, just pull onto BLM ground and live in it during college. Just have to move it every so often. He didn't think I was funny.

Edited by Russ In Idaho 8/6/2018 15:45

(Sheep camp (full).jpg)

(Camp2 (full).jpg)

(Baler (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Sheep camp (full).jpg (146KB - 27 downloads)
Attachments Camp2 (full).jpg (153KB - 30 downloads)
Attachments Baler (full).jpg (177KB - 32 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)