AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

No more arguing if the tariff is impacting soybean price
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

IN555
Posted 7/12/2018 14:54 (#6865786)
Subject: No more arguing if the tariff is impacting soybean price

NW Indiana
The USDA confirmed it today. A decrease of 250 million in exports(even though we are way ahead of pace) in a july report in unprecedented. I still disagree it is entirely to blame for the $2 fall as I still think price would be in the low $9's based on ratings. But that doesn't matter, the USDA itself acknowledged the farmer is likely going to take it on the chin. If you add a couple bushel to the yield and suddenly the balance sheet is overwhelming. Either we need to hope it burns up or this trade war is figured out in a relatively quick fashion. I'm not saying its time to cry wanting a handout but after today maybe it is time to start asking our representatives what the game plan is. Many guys have grain priced at good levels but the rest will average it out to not so good. If we are still looking at this come next spring, I'm guessing a lot of bankers are going to be handing out kleenax's.
The facts of it all is it doesn't matter what we think as individuals, as there are many things I disagree with on today's numbers, but the USDA is part of our government and they just came out and said "sorry about your luck".
Price could rally from this point on, doesn't matter imo. When the usda prints a number like they did today, that means they clearly acknowledge the impact this can cause and we are making decisions everyday.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)