AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Harvest Speed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

mhfarm
Posted 10/10/2017 16:38 (#6299756)
Subject: Harvest Speed

Kansas City
In the last 5 years the speed of planting seemingly has increased due to planter size, technology and capacity, I'm assuming. I'm sure it's more complicated than that but my question is, in the same amount of time has harvest speed kept up? We are 15% behind pace in harvest and dropping back by the week(22% vs 37%). During planting it seems like that all the U.S. needs is a 3 day window and planting progress can jump up 30% week over week Has machinery kept up on both sides of the equation equally or should we be worried that harvest will keep dropping behind pace if this rain continues? This is just a conversation I had with another guy and thought I would share.

My name is included in my profile so feel free to look me up... I'm working on putting a list of guys together that are interested in not only receiving information but contributing ideas, thoughts and feedback to the group. I weed out the B.S. and send out what's relevant. I'm not a farmer but I spend my younger years in KS working on various farming operations, I have spent almost 8 years trading grains as a profession so I have ideas that I will share on the market talk later.

I send out a "daily harvest" updates that look similar to the following 3 examples: Today will be number 17 and will include thoughts similar to what I wrote above.

YIELD beans East-Central IN
85 acres
Planted May 27th
55 bushel per acre
APH 54
Our area received roughly 1.9" of rain from the last week of July to last week of September

YIELD beans Kindred, ND, 30 miles South of Fargo, SE District
Good progress since 10/05
averaging 45 bushel per acre (41 APH).
Yield drops to 35-36 bushels per acre on beet ground, which comprises about 20% of soy acres in area.
Dry July.

YIELD beans Saginaw and Shiawassee Co.’s MI
APH 60 bushels per acre
38 bushels per acre this year
vs 72 last year
better than last year
Cool August temps and late rains increased soybean yield potential dramatically.

If you are interested in receiving the harvest update sign up at the following link and I will add you to my list.

https://danielsagmarketing.com/harvest-update?refid=881&brokid=297

Thanks
MH
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)