AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Production
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

wahlfarms
Posted 8/20/2017 16:49 (#6199455)
Subject: Production

Butler County,Iowa
Ok so last year we produced somewhere north of 15 bil bushels. After a year they say we will have 2 bil carryover.....correct. So in 12 months we have consumed 13 bil bushels. So at that rate that 2 bil carryover would last us 1.6 months. And they claim that last year we didn't have the carryover coming into harvest. Well my opinion is 1.6 months of extra corn don't leave much wiggle room for any crop problems at all. And from looks from what others been posting it's not all rainbows and garden gnomes across the corn belt.
My honest opinion is this isn't a burdsome picture as usda is painting. With a little over a month worth of corn I wouldn't say their is a massive surplus.
Like I been saying all along this thing will show its ugly head and when it does be glad you have your corn to sell. I'm still well in the 4.50 camp for harvest and into December. JMO.

And to add. At the current price you can't tell me demand isn't increasing also. These prices are a steal for end users. If they are not filling their needs now something is wrong.

Edited by wahlfarms 8/20/2017 16:52
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)