AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere 9770 sts vs Case 7130
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Canola producer
Posted 11/6/2016 21:19 (#5622446)
Subject: John Deere 9770 sts vs Case 7130

We have owned Case or the original International 1480's for 40 plus years and have been very satisfied. We had a harvest from hell this year and a neighbour has been helping us with his 2011 JD 9770 sts. I was very impressed with the job that it did on our wheat. We have 2 Case 7130 belt drive class 7 machines which are very similar in capacity to the JD 9770 STS. We were all doing 4 mph on a 25 foot swath of 70 bushel wheat. We have demoed a Lexion Klaas and a NH 8.90 and a JD S680 and a Case 8240. They are all very impressive but also over the top expensive. I am going to buy a third machine and keep our 2013 case 7130's for a lot less money. We do not need a large machine when a medium one will do the job with less fuel. Kind of like going to the grocery store to buy milk with a Hummer when a Jetta will do the trick. I was actually very impressed with the 8240 Case but the price is almost prohibitive to trade up. Maybe we can find a couple of 400 hour machines and go that route. Harvest is finally finished here in Alberta Yaaa I have to say that it will be a harvest that we won't forget for a long time. Weather issues, chains belts sieves bearings etc. Question? Are there better bearings out there? Does JD have better parts than Case or NH? We have being going through our share and I was wondering if we got some cheap ones that break down quicker.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)