AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Zimmatic, Valley, Reinke: Which one?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

GM Guy
Posted 3/11/2016 23:57 (#5170616)
Subject: Zimmatic, Valley, Reinke: Which one?

NW KS/ SC ID
Hey all,

We have some family farm ground up in Idaho that grandma is in charge of (that is a whole other story...) and the current renters are trying to talk her into a new half wipe pivot.
We were against the project at first, but after seeing a map, we can see the benefits. There is a power line running through the field, and estimated costs to bury it are in the 6 figures, so rather than bury it and let the current half wipe most of the way around (due to a farmstead it will never be a full circle) the next best option is to put in another half wipe on the other side of the line.

Anyways, the renters are rather buddy buddy with the local Reinke Dealer, and are pushing hard for Reinke.

The farm already has a early 90s Zimmatic , a 2 year old Zimmatic, and an 80s Reinke that we are not impressed with (the crappy boot setup that requires a crane to change, I understand the new ones did go away from this design) We have been happy with the Zimmatics. Due to the fancy computerized panel on the 2 year old Zimmatic unit, I was pushing for another Zimmatic, in hopes that one can utilize Zimmatics computer based controls. IMO for a future renter, a streamlined setup where everything works as a system would be more appealing than a hodgepodge setup of all brands, but I could be wrong.

It is also worth noting that the Zimmatic Dealer the farm has used for years that we get along with well is 5 miles away, and the Reinke dealer is about 35, same dealer that put up the first one in the 80s.

On another property 2 miles away, there are two Valley's that the other renter supplied, and reserved the option to take with him if he leaves. Out here in KS Valley is a very well respected pivot, but I understand there are some Valley-only parts, service I believe is 30+ miles out. I would not be against another Valley on the home place due to the quality of the unit.

So, IMO due to the existing Zimmatics and the excellent local service, I feel the Zimmatic is the right choice, but Grandma is easily swayed by BTOs, so she is wanting to go the Reinke route.

What is everyone's opinion on what to choose, and why? (arguements against Reinke welcome, what features do you not like/ what features on other brands do you like more, etc.)
Thank you!

Edited by GM Guy 3/11/2016 23:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)