AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How many do the early order program this time of year?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

IowaMark
Posted 8/23/2015 17:42 (#4749280)
Subject: How many do the early order program this time of year?

NW Iowa. / SW Arizona
A thread below got me to thinking about a package I got this past week. It came in the mail from one of my corn companies I plant. Inside the $7.50 postage paid package was a very nice company represented hat. My wife was much more impressed with sturdiness of the package the hat came in then the hat itself. She quickly swooped up the box and added it to her stash of boxes she uses for gift wraps. Me, I just added the hat to one of the gazillion hats in my closet. Enclosed in the package was the standard "Thank-you" for my past business and a 2016 brochure of the upcoming years new hybrids. It also said my local dealer would be contacting for an early order offer.

Anyway getting to my question, how many of you fall for the early order sales pitch? This is my 39th crop this year for planting. I can count on my hand how many times I've done this early order scheme, zero. I've never been married to one seed company over the years. I do plant hybrids I've had good luck in the past and always plant new hybrids every year. I've always wanted to see how the current crop does in my fields and how other new hybrids do locally.

I must admit I find it harder and harder for me every year to choose what variety to plant. There's been so many biological advances in this past decade it makes it hard to choose. It's sure a lot different then when I started back in 1976 :-).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)