AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dog Tired!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

denice.r
Posted 12/1/2014 09:15 (#4212319)
Subject: Dog Tired!

south east Indiana
We took advantage of the warm day yesterday. Not many 60 degree days this time of year. I thought I would take the ewes out back onto some grass that has not been grazed for a couple months. Close to that is the back corn field that the ewes grazed. My plan was to drop them in the grass and they would graze there and the field and slowly work their way up to the front corn field where I would be moving electronet to put them in. I figured it would take me 2 hours give or take.
Started the 4wheeler and told Scott it was his turn to move the girls so off we went. Scott was rather calm, for him, and quite business like, hardly had to speak to him but one time to ask him to slow down - no surprise there. I stayed in front and he kept the flock coming then called him off and we left them grazing. Headed up to the corn field and started moving fence and the dang ewes were already working their way up to us. Heck don't they know a good thing when they got it. Scott and I gathered them out of the front corn field and moved them back into the back field Again. Sat there and watched a few minutes and the flock didn't settle down. I knew if I left them they would be back up front in a matter of minutes. Asked Scott to gather them again, by that time I am sure he was thinking I had lost it. This time we put them in their pasture. The buggers would just have to wait until I was done with the fence. Scott hung out while I was doing the fence and was ready to go again when we needed to move them 1 last time.

Heck if he works that hard more he would get Really, Really good. Might even get as good as Blu:) Scott likes to work bigger flocks, the more sheep the better he likes it. He was slowing himself down on the last move and spent the evening sleeping in his favorite chair. Sure couldn't do it without them. Meg moved them back to the pasture for the night, we let Scott sleep.

Edited by denice.r 12/1/2014 09:36

(sheep winter 201314 433.jpg)

(sheep winter 201314 441.jpg)

(sheep winter 201314 442.jpg)

(sheep winter 201314 443.jpg)

(sheep winter 201314 439.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments sheep winter 201314 433.jpg (159KB - 680 downloads)
Attachments sheep winter 201314 441.jpg (188KB - 666 downloads)
Attachments sheep winter 201314 442.jpg (144KB - 683 downloads)
Attachments sheep winter 201314 443.jpg (183KB - 679 downloads)
Attachments sheep winter 201314 439.jpg (81KB - 699 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)