AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

7130 John Deere lemon- what would you do?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

TN Rick
Posted 9/18/2011 23:12 (#1968597)
Subject: 7130 John Deere lemon- what would you do?

Decaturville TN
I bought a 2009 Deere 7130 Preimum tractor ( 100 pto hp) one year ago. It had been a lease tractor on a peat bog farm in Canada and had 1,450 hours. It now has 1,700 hours. So in one year and 250 hours it has had 4 major repairs - pump replaced in transmission, transmission removed to replace an incorrect pin installed at the factory (24 speed autoquad plus tranny) , turbo and all valves replaced due to engine oil blowing out around muffler, and now top blown off of #6 piston and damaged head all covered by John Deere but now the warranty is out. I have had to make 7 of the 8 delivery and pick up trips to the dealership at 150 miles roundtrip each. I do not trust this tractor or want to keep it. The dealer said he would help me out of it but has nothing right now to trade for. I checked with 2 other dealers Friday and they wanted $25,000 to trade for other 7130's with front suspension that mine doesn't have and 900 hours each. Still seems extremely high but they are discounting my tractor because of all the problems. I have not picked it up yet and really don't want to. I have even thought about CaseIH even though I have always had Deeres because this thing seems like junk. Any advice or experience with these tractors? What would you do? Thanks, Rick
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)