AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Internet connection problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

A-gate
Posted 11/13/2010 09:27 (#1433718)
Subject: Internet connection problem

SW Indiana

I am having an issue with Ag Leader's SMS Advanced program and connecting to the internet.  When I go to File/Download imagery form the internet; nothing happens.  Also, when I go to Help/Check for updates; it will start the update wizard, but once it gets to "downloading..." it immediately says "Error, can not connect to the network...".  After trying to diagnose the issue with Ag Leader Tech Support, we discovered that if I right clicked on the SMS.exe and choose to "run as...administrator" that everything worked correctly.  Ag Leader seems to think this is an issue with my computer or with my anti-virus.  I have Norton Internet Security and have disabled all the anti-virus, but SMS still did not work.  All other programs (email, internet, etc) can connect to the internet without any issues.  I don't understand why if I choose to "run as administrator" it will let me connect, especially since I am logged into the computer as the administrator.  I am running a Dell Latitude laptop with Windows XP SP3.

Any suggestions or ideas??  Thanks.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)