AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Computer on Case 1200 planter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

lal cenIA
Posted 6/18/2010 22:29 (#1242318)
Subject: Computer on Case 1200 planter

Computer went out on 1200 planter (3 computers) just after noon on third day of planting.

Mechanic who has gone thru my combine the last number of years came out late and worked for while till dark. Said he couldn't come back the next day, that I needed to call shop foreman for someone else to come out.

Shop foreman couldn't send out #1 guy who has worked on planter last couple years. #2 guy couldn't come either. Sending #3 out who is "just learning". He worked from early morning until his quiting time and just got it figured out. I asked a couple times for him to call #1 so to have it programed correctly. Said it would work fine. Made sure seed discs turning.

Having been down for ~28-30 hours in "good" planting time, the planter was pushed.

After filling planter and running hard, stopped and found incorrect amount of seed left, found computer was programmed to plant one figure, but computer planting only about 65%.

Dealer said that it was my responsibilty to ascertain computer working correctly, (said computers should never be trusted) that he wouldn't do anything.

Gave scenerio to couple other dealers and they said they carried insurance for computer glitches.

Have come to realization need to locate a different dealer.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)