AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DT 436 injection pump timing / removal & install tips?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

FFJR
Posted 11/11/2009 14:04 (#920614)
Subject: DT 436 injection pump timing / removal & install tips?

nc IA
Follow up to my question yesterday about the leak on my 1460 combine.

Anyone have any tips for removing and reinstalling / timing the injection pump? Or better ways to see things down in the engine compartment? I'm 6'6" and finding I don't fit real well down there....

I called around to 6 surrounding shops and rebuilds are running from 895 to 1151 exchanged for the Bosch M100 on my 1460.

I'm pulling mine tonight (somewhere there is a timing mark either on the dampner in front or behind a plug on the bell housing, want at 18 deg if early block, and 15 deg if later?)
Was told the front timing marks for the pump is easier to see if you pull off the front cover on the adapter plate infront of the injection pump?

Going to take it up to the closest pump shop in the AM before work and he will look it over to see if the O ring grove is pitted out like suggested yesterday, if so I'll probably end up getting a rebuilt or it rebuilt during the day, then pick up tomorrow night after work to put back in. Or if I'm lucky (not possible) it's just a dried up O ring and he'll swap that and give it a check over for other issues. This one is only 15 miles away vs the next being 60 plus miles, and was in the mid 900's on pricing, which is a wash for any savings with shipping / time costs.

Of note - on the fuel supply line comment from yesterday, apparently IH had a bulletin on this, if it's replaced with a steel braided hose instead of the non-braided hose, the engine can loose some power, the non-braided hose somehow absorbs some pulsations from the pump and allows a steadier flow of fuel in to the injection pump. So I'll be able to see what I have when I get it off tonight.

Got the chassis service manual with the combine, just wish i now had the engine one also.

Edited by FFJR 11/11/2009 14:08
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)