AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hey NCGA, about that corn sweetner
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Keith Mudd
Posted 2/4/2019 17:36 (#7296865)
Subject: Hey NCGA, about that corn sweetner

Monroe City, MO

So Budweiser advertises that their beer doesn't contain corn syrup and you guy stand up for corn growers everywhere and call them out for it. Hooray for you. 

But, what I'd like to know is where is your outrage over Trumps EPA's quite liberal use of RIN waivers? I drink Michelob Ultra, I know it probably isn't the healthiest of choices but I'm not as concerned about  InBev AB's reluctance to use corn syrup as I am over the loss of demand for ethanol that the EPA's decision has cost us. According to FAPRI:

- U.S. ethanol consumption drops by an average of 761 million gallons per year between 2018 and 2023, or a total of 4.6 billion gallons over the six-year period. That is equivalent to 1.64 billion bushels of corn demand, or nearly 300 million bushels per year.

That is demand that is gone unless the EPA recinds their waivers. Does NCGA have any idea what another 1.64 bullion bushels of corn usage would do for prices.

And another thing. Where is NCGA or Missouri Corn Growers indignation over the farmer owned cooperative MFA not only having, but bragging about having Non-Ethanol gasoline. Their large banner hanging at their facility must mean that gasoline is better without ethanol. If not why would you advertise it in such a manner.

I'm sorry. The National Corn Growers Association displeasure with InBev AB pales by comparison to what farmers should feel for that organization. Picking and choosing what issues to become irate about is disingenuous.  Could it be that a foreign company that brews beer is a easier target than taking on Trump administration's EPA or a large Missouri farm cooperative? 

Edited by Keith Mudd 2/20/2019 12:09
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)