AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Brock Sq superb energy miser dryers hel
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

MJH
Posted 7/24/2016 09:51 (#5429230)
Subject: Brock Sq superb energy miser dryers hel

I am shopping for used grain dryer I have 480 volt three phase and natural gas my bin site . I have found a couple of used 240 three phase propane dryers I am interested in. How big of deal is it to change over the 480 from 240. I assume the control voltage is different between high and low voltage three phase. I know motors can be rewired from 240 to 480 but I am assuming control voltages are different ?

I have also considered using my generator which is natural gas and can be wired high or low voltage it is a 80kw 115 kva. I have been getting a lot of different answers if this generator s big enough to run either of these dryers.

Also the newer dryer is a sq24 24 foot dryer and it has a 25 hp fan. The other dryer is an older superb energy miser 20 footer and it has a 40 hp fan. THis seems like a lot of fan hp my dealer is telling me that 30 was standard and customer opted for. Larger fan option 40 hp I don't understand why so much fan?

I am hoping there might be some electricians/dryer experts out there. I am asking a lot of questions to dryer sales people and electricians and trying to learn more. You can sure ask a lot of questions and it can be challenging to get answers that you are confident are right.

It is kind of frustrating working with Brock they work really hard to make sure that you can't talk to any "technical experts at the factory level". When you call them the voice mail says (mr farmer don't even think about trying to talk to a knowledgeable tech that is educated about are products and how they work you must work through a local dealer that really isn't that interested in helping you and really doesn't have the employees with the expertise to help you learn what you need to know about there product.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)