AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What is the correct range of voltage for my pivot from power company lines.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

billybob
Posted 6/24/2016 18:18 (#5373900)
Subject: What is the correct range of voltage for my pivot from power company lines.

Round and round we go.

Pivot is on elec.  Elec. pump for water at pivot point.

Found the pivot and well shutting down for about 20 seconds and then starting again for 15-20 seconds.  Off again and then on again.  Just kept repeating this cycle.

Shut it off. 

Local elec. service man was great and had time to come out in 1 hr.  Found nothing wrong in the panel.  Has manual circuit breaker, not auto reset.  So he said it had to be in the pivot elec. panel.           Also he checked the elec. well and it was NOT pulling to many amps on any leg.   He did not say anything about me having low voltage at well site.

Called power company to see if they had any recent problem. Nope.

Pivot man came today.  Oh, it was working today.  I got impatient and started it up at 11 am and sat out there for 2 hrs and all worked normal.

Anyway, pivot man said I had LOW VOLTAGE at my panel. 

Called power company and they said it tested 484 to 486, depending on which leg they tested and said that is normal out at the pole by the road.

Pivot man said I only had 465 volts at well sight.  Is this to low?  Power company man said my electric lines going from their pole to my pivot point were plenty big.  I don't skimp on line size when I put in wire. 

So is 465 to low of voltage????????

Round and round the buck gets passed.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)