AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wrangler/Rawhide vs Diamond W portable corrals?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jim1_ks
Posted 2/29/2016 17:06 (#5145820)
Subject: Wrangler/Rawhide vs Diamond W portable corrals?

South Central Kansas, Harper County
Ive read through some of the archives about numerous post on the different portable corral systems now available. I also know that the Wrangler is the original designed corral built in Abilene, but marketed by Linn Post & Supply. From what I can gather, the people who originally built the Wrangler, now build and market their own corral called the Rawhide. Basically the same design as original but they now include a "processor" in the middle which makes it easier to work cattle through a chute, ect.(also, I believe the wheels now raise up hydraulically instead of having to remove the wheels).

We have borrowed our neighbors Diamond W corral to catch cattle the past couple of years, and it seems to work really well. We really like the little catch pen in the front, which makes it easier to back a goose-neck trailer up and load. After comparing the Wrangler and Rawhide to the Diamond W, they dont look to be as easy to load cattle up into a trailer. Any comments from those of you that have used both? I imagine on the Wrangler and/Rawhide, you could move some panels around to form a small crowding pen for loading, but haven't seen any examples of such. Any comments would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Jim
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)