AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Questions I would like to have answered about rented land.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

chopr1
Posted 8/24/2015 21:16 (#4751583)
Subject: Questions I would like to have answered about rented land.

NE, Oklahoma
I am a retired farmer who rented my land many years back to the younger neighbor. Done on a hand shake, cash rent, all due March 1st. It has been this way for many-many years. Cash rent is set when it was handy for us to get together between Nov. and Feb. No problems on price, some years up, some down, I have been on both sides of the fence so pricing has not been a problem.
Now the questions for you younger fellows, none of my older friends have or know the answers.
1. When is the time of year to set cash rent, in our state notification of changing renters is Sept. 1
2. Do you who cash rent receive notices of end of contract every year at correct time?
3. If I do not notify by Sept.1 and hear nothing from tenet does same conditions and price rental stay the same for next year.
4. I've been told it's just good procedure to notify by Reg. mail each year and then go from there.
5. Is tenet suppose to notify landloard by Sept. 1 if he is not taking farm for next year?
This farm is in Iowa so am going by farm magazine I read today for the Sept. 1 dead line. This article is why all the questions, Farming and Contracts between Land lord and Tenet.
6. Is most rent paid March 1 or divided threw the year. We set it for March 1 when I retired because all my bills, insur. land taxes- etc. came due in April.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)