AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

another field update
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Mikenesd
Posted 6/26/2015 07:58 (#4646757)
Subject: another field update

Clark SD

Here is the link to the previous thread.
 http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=563718&mid=4641767#M4641767
After i revisited the field i found out that my observation was wrong. I stated that plants near the mound where the residue was missing was as far along as the ones on the mound. When i checked yesterday the ones on the mound were generally 24 inches tall leaf over and had 7 leaves with collars, while the ones close to the mound where there was no residue had 6 leaves with collars and were 18 inches tall leaf over. Most of the plants where ther was residue cover had 6 leaves with collars and were 16 inches leaf over. I did find a couple of plants where there was no cover, which i think was a old pocket gopher mound that was flattened out that had 7 collars and was 16 inches tall leaf over. It will be interesting to see if the plants in the residue covered areas catch up with the ones on the mound since the growing point is out of the ground as the growth rate is now governed by air temps, instead of soil temps. It all depends on how long i can hold off irrigating and not run over the plants on the mound.

(antelope se half circle mound 7 collar 6 25 2015 2.jpg)

(antelope se half circle gm 7 collar 6 25 2015 1.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments antelope se half circle mound 7 collar 6 25 2015 2.jpg (182KB - 156 downloads)
Attachments antelope se half circle gm 7 collar 6 25 2015 1.jpg (273KB - 159 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)