AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

conventional corn chemical?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

MWest
Posted 6/21/2015 20:27 (#4639337)
Subject: conventional corn chemical?

Just thinking for next year about trying a couple things different on a couple select fields to see how it works out. Will try some conventional corn no-till into rye grass and am trying to think up a good chemical program.

For burn down/Pre I'm thinking
1lb. AMS
Full Rate Generic round up
1.75pts. Surestart.

For Post
0.5lb. Attrazine
1lb. AMS
And Possibly Corvus or sure start again?

The questions I have are
1. Will the generic round up do a good job with burning down the cover and is it safe BEFORE conventional corn is planted?

2. Will the Sure start be adequate on its own until Post pass? I know it can be a one pass program but time between burn down and planting can be anywhere from a few days to a couple weeks so I don't know how long it can hold into the season.

3.For the Post pass timing most years is not a issue but using Sure start post I worry in a wet year like this one I may not get it on before corn reaches the 11" and I believe attrazine is 12" So what could be used on shorter/taller conventional corn?

4.If I went to a second pass of Surestart at 1.25pts. that would give me the max of 3pts. for the year would that be adequate enough for the Post pass?

Would like to keep total cost to $25 or less but will go more if it means clean fields vs a mess. Its still early and almost a year away but ive been known to plan ahead lol, thanks in advance.

Edited by MWest 6/21/2015 20:37
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)