AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Low supply voltage on EPM: Part 3 - Problem overview
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 5/5/2013 16:50 (#3081822)
Subject: Low supply voltage on EPM: Part 3 - Problem overview

We have a 2011 Case Steiger 400 that is pulling a 2011 JD 1770NT 24 row 30" planter with CCS, XP units, pro hoppers and SeedStarXP. The controlling monitor is a 2630. Behind the planter we're pulling a 2011 JD 1910 air cart. The controlling monitor for it is a JD 2600. Both units are provided position information via a NMEA string from a Leica auto-steer system. Both systems are receiving a simulated radar speed from a SkyTracker "hockey puck" GPS unit (one unit tied in to both harnesses). I have been struggling with low supply voltage to the electronic power modules on the planter ever since we switched to a red tractor and it makes life miserable in the field. I want to get to the bottom of it. Since I believe the problem could be from any number of harnesses, I'm going to make several small questions in separate threads. This paragraph (in blue) will be the same in all of the threads so if you read more than one part, feel free to skip the blue part next time.

Just as a general overview of what's happening, if I turn more than about 1/3 of the clutches (Factory Deere clutches) off I get a "Low supply voltage on electronic power modules (EPM). Clutch system self test not available" error message. The clutches still work at this time. Recently it's been getting worse and it will say, "Supply Voltage Out of Range on Electronic Power Modules (EPM). Clutch system self-test not available."

In that situation all of the affected clutches will not turn off at all. The screen looks totally different in that situation. There are no longer "flags" showing that a clutch is engaged or disengaged on the sections of the planter that are too low on voltage. Sometimes it's only 4 rows, sometimes it's most of the planter.

Additionally, when I pull it out of the ground, turn around and then put it back in the ground, it will also say "battery low" or something like that at the bottom of the 2630 screen.

For what it's worth, the 2600 screen never ever gives any low voltage warnings or any other warnings for that matter.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)