AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

browsers and loads speed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 5/31/2010 06:45 (#1219413)
Subject: browsers and loads speed

West Union, Illinois

This is interesting.  I should be out the door soon, so this won't get polished very well. Over on the new SF forums someone was discussing page load speeds. 

I've been a big fan of Firefox, but I've been playing with Google Chrome because it is supposed to be faster and have better security.  I use WildBlue as my ISP.  (We won't go there this morning)

Opening both browsers and going to the same pages one after the other Firefox is loading pages over there in 6-8 seconds.  Chrome is loading in 7-9 seconds.  This is not fully loaded, with ads and facebook and twitter feed and such, but "usable"

I founnd this odd because my perception the last few days using both browsers has been Chrome is faster.  So I came over here and tried a few pages.  Chrome was loading in 2-5 seconds and consistently a little faster than Firefox.  Well, until I hit the new post button.  It was like hitting a wall for 10-20 seconds.  Unfortunately I had turned off my stopwatch.

So what has anyone else seen?  Any one browser faster than the other? One faster on different sites?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)