AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thanks for the input on buying a vehicle for kids
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 1/3/2010 04:53 (#1000405)
Subject: Thanks for the input on buying a vehicle for kids

Thanks for everybody's input on buying a vehicle for a kid. I gleaned a lot from everybody's posts. Number one is I will sit down with him and lay all the cards on the table, let him pick what his ride will be. I'm betting it will be a pickup, like Rich said, most of us big boys don't fit well in cars for long drives. I really prefer a Chevy 2 wheel drive pickup for my personal ride. But I need a 4x4 everything on the farm. And you are right Plowboy, they don't need a pickup to drive in town. But when I was in high school, my dad bought me a new 82' 2 wheel drive Chevy. That was my wages for working for him. He kept title to truck, and helped with bills on it while I went to Voc. Tech. then to college. I worked turning wrenches for a couple of Ag. dealerships, also maintaining colleges heavy equipment in physical plant, so it served me well. Plus I went home from school all most every weekend to help dad out.

I kept that truck even after I was married, and came back to the farm. I drove it for over 16 years, my only truck. I then turned it over to hired man on the farm for 3-4 years. Then sold it to a JD tech. in town, he drove it for a about 4 years if I recall, till he blowed the engine out of it. My wife thought I would never sell that truck! I'm hoping my kids will pick schools close to home 2-3 hour drives, so they can help out on the farm sometimes during spring work.

Just to give you guys a idea about theirsize, I took this pic of them just before x-mas. I had worked their butts off that day, getting things ready for me. I was going to go in for knee surgery in a few days, and had lots to get done. They come home and just totally exhausted after getting some dinner. they just fit better in pickups than most cars. The Chance on the left is 4 years younger than Tallen, one on the right. I tell everybody Ralgro cattle implants work really well on your kids.! LOL

(boys.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments boys.jpg (32KB - 173 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)